Coconut oil is having a moment. We see it everywhere from the grocery store to our smoothies (I cook with Nutiva organic coconut oil), and now, our beauty products. What people don’t know is that coconut oil has been a beauty cure-all long before it became a trend.
Tropical regions where coconuts grow natively have used coconut oil as a natural moisturizer and anti-inflammatory for thousands of years.
Aside from its summertime scent, coconut oil is rich with nourishing vitamins E and K. Its make-up of saturated fats leave skin hydrated, soft and supple, and antioxidants calm and soothe the skin, making it an incredible ingredient for skincare, hair care and other beauty needs. It’s even non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores! You can apply it directly to your skin, to your hair, on your lips and your nails.
Here are a few of my coconut oil favorites:
1. Kiehl’s Amino Acid Shampoo & Conditioner– One of the best shampoo/conditioner pairs out there for shiny and hydrated hair.
2. RMS The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipe – Certified organic coconut oil is the only ingredient in these wipes. They melt makeup away without irritating. I throw them in my bag when I travel for makeup removal on-the-go. Many RMS products include coconut oil!
3. RMS Lip & Skin Balm – Hydrates dry lips and smooths fine lines so you can actually apply outside of just the lip area.
4. Bumble and bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo & Conditioner– Has the best scent and helps to hydrate and control frizz. My daughters’ favorites!
5. REN Tamanu High Glide Shaving Oil – Leaves your skin so soft and hydrated, and makes shaving smooth and easy with the glide factor.
6. Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant – Crushed cocoa and coconut shells act as natural exfoliants and coconut oil leaves skin soft and calm.
7. M-61 Hydraboost Body Butter – Coming soon! I’m so excited to introduce Hydraboost Body Butter to you in the coming weeks – the newest addition to the M-61 Hydraboost family. Packed with peptides, vitamin B5, tamarind, aloe and coconut oil, it is super rich, hydrating and non-irritating. I use it as an all-over body moisturizer but particularly love it on my legs to get ready for summer! Plus, it’s gluten free and vegan. Stay tuned!
If you love learning about the ingredients in your beauty products, read my recent post about SkinCeuticals’ serious skincare innovation highlighting cholesterol in its new Triple Lipid Restore cream.