The older I get the more simplified my routine is. I just don't have the mind space to deal with a ton of choices and decisions in the morning. For clothes - those of you that know me know that I am either in a black pussy bow silk blouse (I own 7), with black slim pants and black booties. Or, if I'm going to a formal meeting, I'm in a black dress with accessories. For my morning routine I can do my makeup in six minutes and get out the door. Here are my tricks to simplify:
1. Have a go-to reliable outfit selection.
2. Peel every other day using M-61 Skincare PowerGlow Peels. They are my smooth-skin-perfect-glow secret.
3. Prime using Lune+Aster RealGlow Primer. It gives extra glow.
4. Use Lune+Aster CC Cream for SPF for everyday protection and tint.
5. Have an all-in-one option. I pull out my Trish McEvoy Power of Makeup Collection planner that has everything I need in it. I am toting our summertime Sun & Sand planner right now, and I love the new Modern Chic one too.
6. Use the new Lune+Aster Eye Base to smooth out my lid color (coming soon!).
7. Line eyes using the new Lune+Aster Eyeliner Palette and Pointed Brush. I like the navy or black color for everyday use (coming soon!).
8. Use Lune+Aster's vegan Stratosphere Volumizing Mascara.
9. Bronze using Lune+Aster Moonrise Glow & Contour Bronzing Palette or Sunrise Bronze & Blush Duo. I finish by doing my lips in the car with whatever is in my purse!
10. I love these two books: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo helps you learn to simplify with her cleaning up and throwing away tips. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown helps you prioritize and live a better life.