Just went to Florida (Palm Beach) with my family. The amount of additional beauty products I felt compelled to bring is amazing. I brought exorbitant quantities of sunscreen including:
1. 4 tubes of Skinceuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 45 for my kids and my face. It's paba-free, oil-free, fragrance-free and great for all skin types. I won't go out in the sun without it, nor will I let my kids. It is the BEST sunblock on the market.
2. Skinceuticals New Active UV Defense SPF 15 with Mexoryl SX. Unbelievable texture - It feels like you have nothing on. Not strong enough for poolside or the golf course, but is the perfect shopping sunblock.
3. Two tubes of Remède SPF 30+ Firming and Contouring Lotion. This is for my personal indulgence - Family members are banned. Smells great, is highly moisturizing, and has sunblock.
4. Two tubes of Skinceuticals Physical UV Defense SPF 30. Great for kids’ arms, tummies, and legs.
5. One lab sample of Canyon Ranch’s new SPF 30 facial moisturizer. Stay tuned, this isn't on the market yet, I was just testing it! Amazing light texture!
6. Remède’s Translucent UV Coat Tinted SPF 30 Medium (Oil-Free). This is the foundation I use during warm weather, always. It is sheer and light and feels like you have nothing on. (This is currently being repackaged and will be back in stock soon!)
I had to completely change my skincare. For some reason (maybe I got slightly too much sun, NOT on purpose), all of my skincare products stung my skin, except Darphin’s Intral Anti-Redness Soothing Serum (which I used for moisture morning and night) and Darphin's Intral Redness Relief Recovery Balm. This balm is unbelievably soothing and hydrating and has an ethereal fruity scent that I can't put my finger on. (Both of these products are coming out in April - I was testing these too and they are fabulous.)
For color, I just couldn’t live without the following two products:
Bobbi Brown’s Chocolate Eye Palette – the shimmer wash in caramel toffee, champagne truffle, and cacao had this sort of sun kissed effect. (Currently not offered online; available at our Philadelphia [215.569.3100] or Suburban Square [610-642-5400] stores.)
Laura Mercier’s Shimmer Block in Peach Mosaic – The perfect non-bronzer, bronzer – it’s a mix of peach, pink, and bronze shimmers which you swirl your makeup brush into to create the perfect sun kissed look.
I'm back now. Spring is around the corner and I am incredibly excited about all of the new products coming out!
Click here to return to bluemercury.com