Everyone is always asking me about what beauty products I travel with. They must think that if I travel with it, it must be wonderful, because you can only travel with a few products.
The truth is, I am the worst traveler. I have to check my bag because I insist on traveling with every possible permutation of beauty products I may want to use. Hardly any of them come in convenient travel sizes. My suitcase is usually 75% beauty items, 25% clothes. And I am unwilling to compromise.
I have attached a photo of what I am currently traveling with. I am usually on the road 2 – 3 nights per week, visiting bluemercury stores and spas, finding new locations where clients are dying for a bluemercury, and meeting with vendors or other creative resources in NYC. Someone in the office asked why there is a remote control in the picture. This is literally a photo I took in a hotel room in New York City. The bathroom happened to have a TV with a remote and I happened to not notice that it made it into the picture.
Here is a list of everything in the picture:
* I cannot live without my Trish McEvoy makeup planner. This holds all of my makeup. I can just grab it and get out the door in 2 seconds. As you can see, mine is filled with a ton of eyeshadows - Deluxe Shaper in Shell, Definer in Charcoal, Definer in Deep Amethyst, Glaze in Palm Beach, Glaze in Raisin, Glaze in White Peach, Glaze in Lilac, Glaze in Sugar Plum, Shaper in Pewter, Shaper in Cashmere. I can accomplish anything with this mix.
* Makeup brushes. Trish #11 (flat eyeliner), Paula Dorf crease brush, Paula Dorf contour brush, Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner brush. There are a ton of other brushes in my planner, including my eyeshadow favorite, #40 by Trish McEvoy.
* Foundations for anything. Remede Oil-Free Tint SPF30 in Medium. This is all I use on the weekends. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 in Nude for everyday. Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation in Beige Ivory for evening events.
* More Eyes. Paula Dorf eye primer – perfect first step to doing eyes. If you put this all over your lid, your shadow sticks much better. Bobbi Brown shadow in White, a great highlighter for right below eyebrow and in corner of eyes. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Plum. I just started experimenting with this.
* Skincare – my morning combination. Darphin Hydraskin Serum + Laura Mercier Foundation primer + Darphin Dark Circles and Depuff Eye Serum.
* Skincare – my mix so I can treat my skin wherever I may be. MD Skincare Antioxidant Firming Serum, Darphin Arovita C, Therapy Systems Retinol/Glycolic, Dr. Sebagh eye cream, Darphin Lifting and Firming eye serum, Lola Kelly Peau Seche super dry skin moisturizer.
* Fragrance – I love citrus. Acqua di Parma Colonia Body Cream, Colonia Fragrance (my signature). Fresh LemonSugarbath shower gel.
* Hair. Frederic Fekkai’s new Coiff Straightening Balm and UV Thermal Spray. I can’t live without these. Use spray first on wet hair, then balm on wet hair for perfect straight blowout. Bumble and Bumble’s Shine Spray for post blow-out.
* NARS Multiples. I usually travel with 3. They are perfect for cheeks and lips. I mix them like cocktails to get the perfect color. Right now I am traveling with Antibes, Cannes, and Maui.
* Lips. I keep most of my lipsticks and liners in my purse. Here I have T. Leclerc lip pencil in Divin, which goes with all of my lipsticks. Also Trish McEvoy lipstick in pink rose. I love this combo for the non-nude nude lip this fall. Too nude is too boring.
click here to return to bluemercury.com