Strong anti-oxidative extracts and selected vitamins make Sleep Food a holistic anti-aging nutrient, with added benefits of supporting the healthy appearance of skin. The anti-oxidants protect skin cells against free radical damage and accelerated aging. The Niacin in Sleep Food helps prevent severe sunlight sensitivity in skin. It is also involved in DNA repair processes in the skin. Hops Extract raises levels of detoxification enzymes in the liver and in the skin, protecting these tissues from environmental toxins. Our serial ingredient Purslane helps prevent skin dehydration and protects the skin against free radical damage through its rich essential fatty acids, its polyphenols, and its flavonoids content.
• 5-HTP (5-Hydroxythryptophan), natural and plant derived this ingredient gets converted by our body into body's own Serotonin, which controls mood and the sleep cycle. 5-HTP thus is able to increase the production of serotonin in our brain
• Valerian: effectively supports sleep quality and total sleep time and also reduces nocturnal awakenings and time it takes to fall asleep
• Lemon Balm: helps the body getting in a calmer state
• Purslane, Passionfruit and Melon extracts: potent anti-oxidants that help the body defend itself against stress, free radicals and its accelerating effect on the aging process
• Vitamin B3, B1 and B6: key anti-stress vitamins that trigger the relaxation of skeletal muscles, help balance the nervous system. Niacin (B3) helps prevent severe sunlight sensitivity in skin. It is also involved in DNA repair in skin
• Hop extract: protects the skin tissues from environmental toxins
Inspired by her daily work, the Dr. Barbara Sturm Molecular Cosmetics line was formulated for those who yearn for an uncomplicated, yet highly effective skincare regime that hydrates, protects, and regenerates the skin. The line synergistically combines unique and innovative active ingredients with potent natural extracts. The heart of each product is the natural extract of purslane, an anti-aging ingredient often referred to as the “fountain of youth”.