Location: 1010 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 (Corporate HQ)
Position Type: Full-Time
Hiring Manager: SVP, Merchandising
Position Function: Merchandising
Bluemercury seeks an Associate Merchant with a passion for beauty to join its Merchandising team. The Associate Merchant will partner with a Senior Merchant/Category Manager (SCM) to drive the growth of a specific portfolio of categories. The Associate Merchant will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of category management, ranging from assortment strategy to pricing and promotional program development.
- Partner with SCM to create compelling assortments by:
- Participating in assortment strategy development with SCM and vendors
- Providing background analytics, category, competitor, and customer trend data to support decision-making
- Identifying new assortment growth opportunities – segments, products, brands – and helping to source new products across new and existing vendors
- Assisting with final assortment selection and prioritization
- Support ongoing line review/planogram management by tracking SKU performance, coordinating assortment planning with vendors, and recommending adjustments to SCM as appropriate
- Maintain new merchandise samples; coordinate process for new brand/new product review and assist with new item set-up
- Assist in developing and maintaining vendor partnerships, including participating in negotiating key terms with new vendors, helping to develop programs with vendors, and driving day-to-day vendor communications to ensure on point execution of plans
- Work with SCM, Planning team, Digital team, and field teams to help manage forecasting process for ongoing and seasonal buys, ensure timely placement of purchase orders, track shipments, and manage returns to vendors in order to optimize service levels
- Assist SCM in working with Operations and field teams to manage in-store visual merchandising
- Collaborate with Marketing and Digital teams to develop compelling marketing and promotional programs
- Work with Operations to coordinate field communication strategies; provide appropriate merchandising information for regular field communications; investigate and respond to field inquiries and issues
- Conducting ongoing analytics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities in the category; actively monitor performance and provide SCM with regular reporting
- Support SCM in annual and monthly financial planning activities
- Monitor industry level trends for the category, the customer, and competitors, and provide recommendations to SCM based on these trends
- Assist with developing and delivering presentations to senior leadership
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 year degree required
- 1-3 years prior experience in retail category management, merchandising, buying, planning & allocation, sales, marketing, shopper & consumer insights or a related field is required
- Knowledge of retail math
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including strong presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous situations; thrives in a dynamic & fast paced environment
- Exceptional computer skills, including experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with IRI data, Nielsen data, and/or Spectra software is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
401(k) with matching
In-store retail discounts
Please submit a resume to email@example.com. On the subject line of your email, please indicate the Job Title.
Bluemercury is widely recognized as the nation’s largest and fastest growing luxury beauty products and spa retail chain. An entrepreneurial company founded to revolutionize the purchase of cosmetics, our focus is on the needs of our clients. Bluemercury offers a thoughtfully curated selection of luxury brands in a neighborhood store environment where expertly trained staff provide personalized product advice and targeted spa services.
Now in its 19th year, Bluemercury is aggressively expanding its store footprint, ecommerce operations and brand portfolio. Bluemercury stores have over 90 of the most coveted beauty brands from leaders such as La Mer, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Chanel, to cult favorites such as Jo Malone, NARS, Skinceuticals, Kiehl's, M-61, Oribe, Dermalogica, Fresh, La Prairie and Darphin.
Bluemercury continues to expand across the United States, bringing our honest, friendly expertise to beauty junkies and product enthusiasts across the nation. Come join us!