About BluemercuryAt Bluemercury, we offer the world’s most innovative beauty products in a truly unique shopping experience. Our clients receive unparalleled technical product knowledge, expert advice and friendly service. In addition to skincare, makeup, haircare, and fragrance products, clients can be pampered by our skincare experts in our locations’ spas. Bluemercury’s innovative retailing model has been written about in Inc. Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and has been the topic of numerous books.
This year we will be celebrating our 19th Anniversary! From a single storefront in Georgetown, Washington, DC, we have grown to over 150 retail locations in addition to our web business. We have been growing rapidly and we will continue opening stores as long as there is a customer seeking the highest quality products and honest, friendly, expert advice with the convenience of a neighborhood store.
Digital Supply Chain Operations AnalystPOSITION SUMMARY
Bluemercury’s online business is growing rapidly. To meet this business’s demands, we are re-engineering our internet supply chain and are looking for an exceptional individual to take charge of this endeavor. The ideal candidate will have an operator’s instinct for action with an analyst’s mind for quantification.
- Oversee the movement of all saleable merchandise and product samples from the time of order placement with our vendors through their stocking at our warehouse
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems and exceptions that occur
- Actively manage the warehouse inventory to minimize expense and capital investment while providing agreed-upon stock availability metrics
- Develop standard reporting on performance metrics including inventory turns and stock availability
- Confirm all warehouse invoicing
- Develop analyses to explore and inform process innovations
- Perform ad hoc analyses to answer exigent business questions
- Work with our warehouse and back office software provider to develop and implement new inventory management processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, economics or similarly analytical field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in an analytical position in an operating environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – ability to translate an analytical concept into an innovative original spreadsheet
- Prior experience with Microsoft Access, warehousing, retail operations or systems development a plus
- This role is based in Washington DC.
- Curious. Desire to explore, experiment and learn through trial and error; but, knows when to ask for help
- Annoyed by inefficiency. Propensity to spontaneously innovate and improve work processes
- Resilient. Ability to develop priorities, goals and work plans….then, modify them in a very fluid environment
- Tenacious. Sees even the smallest tasks through to completion
- Versatile. Willing to take on any task, anywhere in the hierarchy
- Socially Intelligent. Uncanny ability to build working relationships with anyone and everyone
- Effective communicator. Knows when it’s appropriate to send an e-mail, pick up the phone or see someone in person
- Quick. Ability to learn new software systems and tools
- Owns it.
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- 401(k) with matching
- In-store retail discounts
Please send an email to email@example.com:
- Include your resume
- Include a concise cover letter making your case to be hired for this specific role
- Place the Job Title in the Subject line