At Bluemercury, we offer the world’s most innovative beauty products in a truly unique shopping experience. Our clients receive unparalleled technical product knowledge, expert advice and friendly service. In addition to skincare, makeup, haircare, and fragrance products, clients can be pampered by our skincare experts in our locations’ spas. Bluemercury’s innovative retailing model has been written about in Inc. Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and has been the topic of numerous books.
This year we will be celebrating our 18th Anniversary! From a single storefront in Georgetown, Washington, DC, we have grown to over 100 retail locations in addition to our web business. We have been growing rapidly and we will continue opening stores as long as there is a customer seeking the highest quality products and honest, friendly, expert advice with the convenience of a neighborhood store.
Director of Digital Marketing
A successful Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for all traffic-driving initiatives that drive new and existing customers to both stores and online utilizing digital channels such as email, social, paid search, retargeting, display and affiliate programs.
- Lead the digital marketing team in the overall digital marketing strategy directly influenced and guided by the overall marketing and merchandising strategies for Bluemercury.
- Develop forecasts that align to overall digital budgets to ensure we meet expected traffic that ensures we meet or exceed revenue and gross margin dollars.
- Define strategies and tactics by paid digital marketing channel including email, social, affiliate, re-targeting, display and paid search marketing.
- Ensure continual optimization of each channel to drive higher quality and quantity of traffic to both the .com and stores.
- Direct the email marketing program including all promotional, trigger-based, targeted segment campaigns and service/post transaction email. Develop email KPIs and quarterly plans that ensure highly effective emails and flawless execution. Work with managers on the team to execute on the strategies and plans.
- Create and execute a strategic plan for affiliates expanding quality of performance and exposure of the bluemercury brand.
- Develop the paid search and display marketing channel programs especially around new store openings, competitive blunting opportunities, and expanding in key retail markets.
- Manage the SEM agency’s performance setting expectations of growth in traffic, reduction of cost per acquisition, and an omni-channel view of performance.
- Develop a highly successful social media strategy helping Bluemercury expose their brand value, stores and online events, promotions and assortments.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 plus years’ experience leading Digital marketing teams in a retail environment
- Minimum 5 plus years’ experience in email, SEM and affiliate management
- Experience in beauty industry
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
- Ability to manage and enhance vendor relationships
- Very analytical and extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with developing promotional strategies a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Power Point) and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
- Proven ability to function well in a collaborative environment
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- This role is based in Washington DC.
WHAT WE OFFER
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
401(k) with matching
In-store retail discounts
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the subject line of your email, please indicate the Job Title.