At Bluemercury, we offer the world’s most innovative beauty products in a truly unique shopping experience. Our clients receive unparalleled technical product knowledge, expert advice and friendly service. In addition to skincare, makeup, haircare, and fragrance products, clients can be pampered by our skincare experts in our locations’ spas. Bluemercury’s innovative retailing model has been written about in Inc. Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and has been the topic of numerous books.
This year we will be celebrating our 19th Anniversary! From a single storefront in Georgetown, Washington, DC, we have grown to over 150 retail locations in addition to our web business. We have been growing rapidly and we will continue opening stores as long as there is a customer seeking the highest quality products and honest, friendly, expert advice with the convenience of a neighborhood store.
Director, Public Relations & Communications
Bluemercury seeks a result-oriented Director, Public Relations & Communications to join our corporate headquarters team located in Washington, DC. The Director of Public Relations & Communications will ensure our company, founders and proprietary brands are positioned favorably in the media. In partnership with the Marketing team, the Director of Public Relations & Communications will drive for brand awareness, successful product launches, and promotional events through various press outlets, social mediums, and key influencers.
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and execute a results-oriented PR strategy that generates significant media coverage and awareness on our company, founders, proprietary brands, new store openings, and key brands to improve brand awareness, engage our clients and drive the business
- Define the core strategies and effective mediums to reach our clients and influencers and assure successful execution
- Proactively seek unique opportunities and partnerships to generate company and brand exposure and regularly deliver
- Develop a PR calendar that supports and builds on marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with our proprietary brand team to position their brands, existing products and new products for rapid expansion
- Manage our PR agency to ensure that we deliver targeted messages and secure significant press coverage across consumer, business, and trade press
- Identify emerging trends that may influence our PR initiatives and social programs and set goals for audience engagement by PR channel
- Prepare a social strategy to meet PR, audience engagement and client engagement goals and execute plan successfully
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years experience in Public Relations, preferably within beauty and a multi-channel retailer
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to write and edit media alerts, editorials, and press releases
- Demonstrated ability to productively manage outside PR agencies on results-oriented campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to create influencer strategies targeted to achieve specific results
- Ability to manage senior business partner relationships, build trust and credibility
- Experience with new product launches, new store openings, events, and promotions
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and meet deadlines
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title on the subject line of the email.