Operations Project Manager, Proprietary Brands
Location: Georgetown, Washington, D.C
Bluemercury is experiencing significant growth with its proprietary brands business and continues to expand its product lines. We are seeking an Operations Project Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in Washington D.C. In this role, you will develop and manage product development project timelines, our growing network of suppliers, and progress and costs to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget. Maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed. Consolidate, communicate, and ensure resolution of all operational issues. You will work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, and enhance timelines and efficiencies for the team. The ideal candidate will have project management experience in consumer packaged goods, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a deep understanding of the product development process. Passion for beauty is a must!
Own the product development process for key milestones across all new product development projects and work with cross-functional partners to deliver goods on-time, on-budget
Work hand-in-hand with product development team on a variety of conceptual initiatives including the initial idea conception, development of costs, capital estimates, complexity, sourcing decisions, and provide a comprehensive operations perspective
Maintains, adjusts, and updates project plans as needed. Consolidates, communicates and ensures resolution of all operational issues
Mange a growing network of supplier, co-manufacturer, and material vendor relationships, making recommendations on which suppliers to use across different projects
Manage purchasing, inventory, and replenishment
Define and implement process improvements, identifying new tools and processes to help scale the business
Evaluate cost of goods and retail pricing, making recommendations for pricing structure
Manage and analyze costs and expenses to ensure profitability improvements
Analyze business performance, identify trends and make data-driven recommendations
Present analysis and insights to CEO related to new product development projects
Conduct competitive analyses as needed
Identify areas for cost savings
Manage bill of materials and purchase orders
Support new store openings
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong project management skills
- 4+ years’ experience in consumer packaged goods (preferably cosmetics or personal care manufacturing)
- Strong understanding of product lifecycle
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving ability and high sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and facilitate across all levels of the organization, gaining consensus and alignment
- Collaborative working style
- Strategic and creative problem solver, with a can-do attitude
- Must be familiar with the activities in marketing, product development, retail sales, planning, finance, QA, customer service, distribution and manufacturing
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ambitious, self-motivated, self-directed
- Ability to work within tight deadlines that involves many products in development simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Passionate about beauty
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel, estimated 25%
WHAT WE OFFER
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
401(k) with matching
In-store retail discounts
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the subject line of your email, please indicate the job title.
Bluemercury is widely recognized as the nation’s largest and fastest growing luxury beauty products and spa retail chain. An entrepreneurial company founded to revolutionize the purchase of cosmetics, our focus is on the needs of our clients. Bluemercury offers a thoughtfully curated selection of luxury brands in a neighborhood store environment where expertly trained staff provide personalized product advice and targeted spa services.
Now in its 19th year, Bluemercury is aggressively expanding its store footprint, ecommerce operations and brand portfolio. Bluemercury stores have over 90 of the most coveted beauty brands from leaders such as La Mer, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Chanel, to cult favorites such as Jo Malone, NARS, Skinceuticals, Kiehl's, M-61, Oribe, Dermalogica, Fresh, La Prairie and Darphin.
Bluemercury continues to expand across the United States, bringing our honest, friendly expertise to beauty junkies and product enthusiasts across the nation. Come join us!
This job description is not all inclusive. Bluemercury, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Bluemercury, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.