Public Relations Manager
Location: 1010 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 (Corporate HQ)
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Function: eCommerce
The PR Manager will support the Marketing, Digital, and Executive team with Public Relations and Strategic Marketing initiatives. We’re looking for a motivated strategic thinker to join our small, yet ambitious PR team that functions as the brand’s own internal creative agency. This role includes the development of PR and marketing plans that communicate key messages, promote brand awareness and proprietary products, and manage the reputation of the company-brand. Additionally, this person will manage our PR agency, seeking top-tier placements in print, broadcast, and online media. The ideal candidate is creative, passionate, thinks like a marketer, and has a background with influencer management.
Proactively present PR ideas (including campaign ideas) to benefit the brand
● Manage the workload and budget of the PR agency, using them to execute against strategies
● Work with PR agency to identify key media outlets; develop media relations strategy, and seek high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
● Work with PR agency to speak the language of the brand in the line with the most advanced criteria of cross vision in the market
● Work with PR agency to execute public relations events, campaign events and media opportunities
● Work with PR agency to coordinate press and photo samples for press inquiries and photo shoots
● Pitch media and secure top-tier press placements as needed
● Develop compelling story angles for the brand
● Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis
● Build relationships with thought leaders and influencers to grow brand, product and industry awareness
● Maintain an understanding of trends affecting company-brand and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
● Manage media inquiries and interview requests for brand and Executive team
● Manage Press and Speaking engagements for Executive team
● Respond to information queries from media and the general public
● Work with PR agency to write press releases and media kits as needed
● Work with cross-functional teams in order to execute brand initiatives
● Manage budgets, campaign ROI and monitor spend against planned objectives
● Manage public relations coverage, track all press placements, and analyze/report on the results
● Collaborate with Merchandising, Graphic Design and Copywriting teams on obtaining necessary assets and copy for PR campaigns and initiatives
● Coordinate with e-commerce (Site Merchandising, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Creative) & Technology teams regarding integration of PR/Content Marketing initiatives
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
● 3-5 years of public relations experience in the US, Retail background a plus
● Demonstrated strong interest in public relations and strategic marketing
● Proven track record in both traditional and interactive PR channels
● Proven track record supporting efforts to build external company awareness
● Proven and successful ability to manage a PR agency
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Self-starter, entrepreneurial, ability to multi-task
● Prior experience working in or with a high growth, entrepreneurial startup and/or a fashion/beauty brand
● Demonstrated budget management skills
● Strong creative writing, grammar and proofreading skills
● Ability to work flexible hours with occasional travel
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Google Drive
What We Offer
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
401(k) with matching
In-store retail discounts
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to email@example.com
On the subject line of your email, please indicate the job title.
Bluemercury is widely recognized as the nation’s largest and fastest growing luxury beauty products and spa retail chain. An entrepreneurial company founded to revolutionize the purchase of cosmetics, our focus is on the needs of our clients. Bluemercury offers a thoughtfully curated selection of luxury brands in a neighborhood store environment where expertly trained staff provide personalized product advice and targeted spa services.
Now in its 19th year, Bluemercury is aggressively expanding its store footprint, ecommerce operations and brand portfolio. Bluemercury stores have over 90 of the most coveted beauty brands from leaders such as La Mer, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Chanel, to cult favorites such as Jo Malone, NARS, Skinceuticals, Kiehl's, M-61, Oribe, Dermalogica, Fresh, La Prairie and Darphin.
Bluemercury continues to expand across the United States, bringing our honest, friendly expertise to beauty junkies and product enthusiasts across the nation. Come join us!
This job description is not all inclusive. Bluemercury, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Bluemercury, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.