Social Media Manager
Location: Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Bluemercury seeks a Social Media Manager with a passion for beauty to join the team. This position will drive social media development and campaigns for Bluemercury, M-61 Skincare and Lune + Aster social media channels. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing Projects, you will ensure each of our social channels delivers on the overall social media strategy.
Oversee the planning, development and execution of content for each social channels in alignment with Bluemercury’s brand positioning
Manage social media priorities, thinking through strategy and channel execution, while working with cross-functional teams including merchandising, stores and digital marketing
Partner with the creative team in ideation and creation of reactive social content that responds to new social trends, and relevant beauty or pop culture news
Be a strategic thought partner and leader in Social Media to cross functional teams
Monitor and manage social media influencer partnerships
Actively test new social strategies, channels and product features where relevant
Oversee hindsight Social Media reporting to key stakeholders; articulate insights, trends, key learnings
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, advertising, marketing or related field
- 3-4 years of social media marketing experience
- Social media guru with a passion for content creation, community management and analytics-driven results
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience with social media measurement/analytics and tools
- Experience engaging social influencers in organic and paid campaigns
- Experience in cosmetics, luxury, fashion or a related industry preferred
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external members of the team including members who are technical, non-technical, partners and senior executives
- Problem-solving, energetic, detail-oriented, and team-oriented
- Strong creative, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
- Very strong understanding of branded content in digital and social platforms
- Ability to adapt the Bluemercury brand voice across digital and social platforms
- Ability to work independently, interpret direction, collaborate, and quickly adapt as needed
- Ability to manage a high-speed, high-volume workload in a quickly-evolving business environment
WHAT WE OFFER
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
401(k) with matching
In-store retail discounts
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject line of your email, please indicate the Job Title.
Bluemercury is widely recognized as the nation’s largest and fastest growing luxury beauty products and spa retail chain. An entrepreneurial company founded to revolutionize the purchase of cosmetics, our focus is on the needs of our clients. Bluemercury offers a thoughtfully curated selection of luxury brands in a neighborhood store environment where expertly trained staff provide personalized product advice and targeted spa services.
Now in its 17th year, Bluemercury is aggressively expanding its store footprint, ecommerce operations and brand portfolio. Bluemercury stores have over 90 of the most coveted beauty brands from leaders such as La Mer, Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Chanel, to cult favorites such as Jo Malone, NARS, Skinceuticals, Kiehl's, M-61, Oribe, Dermalogica, Fresh, La Prairie and Darphin.
Bluemercury continues to expand across the United States, bringing our honest, friendly expertise to beauty junkies and product enthusiasts across the nation. Come join us!
This job description is not all inclusive. Bluemercury, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Bluemercury, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.