We traveled through Africa this past holiday – it was an unbelievable family trip as we were “unplugged” for most of it. We played cards and trivial pursuit, read a ton, laughed a lot and went to bed early. As we were on the move – from Zambia to Zimbabwe, Cape Town to Hoedspruit to Johannesburg, we each only packed a teeny tiny duffel bag. I dug through my drawers and came up with a set of precious samples I brought with me. Here were my most used:
1. La Mer Creams. The Kalahari Desert was dry and the sun was scorching – this was my most used item, especially on sunburned noses.
2. Darphin Intral Toner. I used this every afternoon and night to wash the red dust off my face that seemed to permeate everything!
3. Darphin 8 Flower Nectar Essential Oil Elixir. Perfect overnight hydration.
4. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. This serum turbocharges sun protection, so I used it in the morning under my sunscreen.
7. Acqua di Parma Colonia in travel size. Who doesn’t want a hint of glamour at night in the desert? This was my evening pick me up!