Every now and then I try to make time to "unplug" - to take a moment to myself to relax, breathe deeply and calm my mind. Of course it's hard to find these times between all the exciting things that come with running Bluemercury and my family, but I think it's so important as women and moms to take a bit of time for ourselves, even among all the chaos! These are some of my favorite things I use to take a time-out:
1. Fresh Sake Bath with Ginger Root Extract: My favorite bath product of all time! A full detox bath made of 50 percent sake - you literally feel like you just did hot yoga. It's the most relaxing thing you can do for yourself. (Not for pregnant women!)
2. Natura Bisse Stabilizing Cleansing Mask: A deeply purifying mask with 2 percent salicylic acid, tea tree and rosemary. Detoxifying and invigorating at the same time! Best for skin that is breaking out or in need of aggressive care!
3. M-61 Skincare Vitablast C Scrub and Mask: I created this quick multitasking scrub/mask combo for quick brightening and hydration. Packed with vitamin C, papaya enzymes and gallic acid, you scrub it on your skin for 1 minute, then rinse off. This one is more gentle than the Natura Bisse mask and is great for normal-to-dry skin. It's instant luminosity!
4. Darphin Ideal Resource Wrinkle Minimizer Perfecting Serum: This radiance-boosting, line-minimizing serum is perfect post-mask, post-bath and pre-nap! Clary sage is antibacterial and calming - the perfect end to an unplugged moment!
5. Yogi Relaxed Mind Tea: My new favorite - this one puts me right to sleep with lavender and organic sage.